DNV GL SE
Head of Corporate Communications
Local Unit & Position Description
Maritime Communications supports DNV GL Maritime, the world's leading classification society, in driving the industry transition towards a digital, efficient and eco-friendly future; through broadening our reputation as a thought leader and accelerating revenue generation. We are looking for an exceptional leader and PR professional to play a crucial role in achieving this goal.
The Head of Corporate Communications based in Hamburg will be responsible for the strategic planning and execution of media relations and PR activities in DNV GL – Maritime, the world's leading classification society. You will actively manage the flow of communication between our company and the media, foster relationships with key stakeholders across traditional and online media channels and act as press spokesperson – supported by a dedicated team of PR and corporate publishing experts, reporting directly to Maritime’s Director Communications.
- Establishing and implementing strategic communications plans
- Further developing DNV GL - Maritime’s media reach & profile globally
- Acting as international spokesperson for DNV GL - Maritime
- Developing, writing and approving messaging for press releases, talking points, social media accounts, speeches, media statements, corporate publications etc.
- Positioning top management and subject matter experts as thought leaders
- Acting as a key sparring partner for all media relations and PR activities to the Communications Director and the Maritime Executive Leadership Team
- Organizing media briefings and press conferences
- Managing crisis communications
- Monitoring and tracking media coverage
- Managing the digital MARITIME IMPACT article hub
- Planning and managing the media relations budget
- Leading, guiding and developing the Corporate Communications team
- University degree in Journalism, Marketing & Communications, Media Management, Business Administration or similar
- At least five years of working experience in a challenging environment on the corporate or media side
- Demonstrated experience in developing and executing media relations strategies, messaging and activity plans
- Up to date and in-depth understanding of latest developments in the media landscape
- Extensive media relations network
- Proven leadership experience and project management skills
- Experience as a trusted advisor to top management
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of an international, virtual team
- Experience of working within the Maritime industry would be an advantage
Your personal qualities:
- Native or near-native speaking and writing skills in English
- A clear communicator and creative writer
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Calm, positive and focused presence when representing the company and communicating with media
- Able to cope with unexpected situations with flexibility, clarity and drive
- Highly collaborative & result-driven team player
- Solution-oriented self-starter
- Comfortable working on multiple initiatives at the same time, prioritizing effectively to meet tight deadlines
- Eye for detail, while keeping the focus on the big picture
- Become part of a truly international company with more than 150 years of heritage in a transitioning industry
- Work with great colleagues who value teamwork and flat hierarchies
- Enjoy international dynamic working environment that supports your personal and professional growth
- Permanent contract with 30 days vacation, flex time and home office possibilities
- Local facilities include canteen, bistro, sports club, HVV ProfiTicket, employee assistance program
Company & Business Area Description
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL is the world’s leading classification society and a recognized advisor for the maritime industry. We enhance safety, quality, energy efficiency and environmental performance of the global shipping industry – across all vessel types and offshore structures. We invest heavily in research and development to find solutions, together with the industry, that address strategic, operational or regulatory challenges.
Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!
läuft aus am