Press Officer – Director, Corporate Communications (m/w/f)
The Fitch Group Corporate Communications team is currently seeking a Director-level candidate for a Press Officer role based in Frankfurt. The candidate will be responsible for optimizing media visibility for research, ratings and commentary from Fitch Ratings and Sustainable Fitch in media in the DACH countries (Germany, Switzerland and Austria), with a secondary responsibility for media outreach in the Nordic region.
The Fitch Group Corporate Communications team is responsible for helping to protect and advance the firm’s reputation, through the promotion of Fitch’s research, ratings and thought leadership. We frequently work with a wide variety of global media, including: top tier global print/broadcast outlets, business and trade media and national and local newspapers. The global team is responsible for supporting all of Fitch Group’s businesses spanning more than 30 countries.
The candidate will work closely with colleagues across the globe in a highly-effective team which manages relationships with print, broadcast and financial markets journalists, as well as protecting the reputation and position of Fitch.
While the candidate will support all of Fitch Ratings practices and Sustainable Fitch, they will have a particular focus on promoting our Corporate ratings practice to national media, as well as specialized publications read by investors, capital markets participants and corporate treasurers. This will include proactively identifying opportunities to increase its profile in the DACH countries and Nordic region, as well as provide sound media relations counsel to the team’s senior management. The candidate will report to a Director based in London who has EMEA-wide responsibility for promoting our Corporate ratings practice and Sustainable Fitch. They will also have a close working relationship with senior management based in the Frankfurt and Stockholm offices. In time the candidate may be supported by an external PR consultancy for the Nordic region.
The candidate should have strong corporate communications, media relations or journalism experience gained within the capital markets, financial or professional services sectors.
As part of an integrated team, the candidate will work closely with specialists in social media, video, marketing and employee communications to deliver optimal visibility for a range of stakeholders.
- Work closely with Fitch Ratings analytical groups, Sustainable Fitch and other Fitch Group businesses to develop proactive communications strategies to enhance visibility in the media and relationships with reporters.
- Provide effective media relations counsel to senior management within Fitch Ratings different practices, Sustainable Fitch and other Fitch Group businesses. This includes advice on maximising engagement with media and building deeper relationships with target publications.
- Ensure broad, timely and relevant distribution of news about rating decisions, product developments and industry commentary.
- Write media releases based on research reports and develop other media collateral such as media pitches or reactive comments.
- Deal directly with broadcast, print, online and specialist reporters to ensure the optimal positioning of Fitch research and commentary.
- Respond to media enquiries and proactively engage with the media, as appropriate.
- Develop strong relationships with beat reporters covering the relevant analytical groups and businesses.
- Ensure regular interaction for analytical team members and senior management with media, including hosting briefing events for reporters.
- Develop core messages for significant initiatives and press interviews.
- Contribute to media relations strategic planning for analytical groups and businesses supported.
- Provide cover support for other colleagues during busy periods or if they are away.
- Help compile Fitch’s daily internal media newsletter in EMEA, which features prominent media mentions in key media.
- Support the work of Corporate Communications colleagues, contributing to the firm’s broader strategic objectives and projects.
- Assist with ad-hoc corporate communications activities as required.
- Lead by example to support and mentor more junior team members.
- A confident self-starter able to work effectively as part of a team but with the ability to operate autonomously without detailed management oversight.
- A strong communicator who can provide effective advice for the benefit of the organisation as and when necessary.
- Able to package complex, market-sensitive messages for different audiences.
- Ability to “think globally” – proactively contribute ideas and work collaboratively in an international team.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Strong experience in media relations/corporate communications (either agency or in-house) or journalism, preferably in capital markets, financial or professional services.
- Proven experience of regular dealings with broadcast and print journalists.
- Strong verbal, writing and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to create clear and straightforward content out of complex documents.
- Experience of operating under pressure in response to short media deadlines.
- Multi-tasking/project management skills.
- Familiarity with current and emerging social media trends.
läuft aus am