Hungry for a challenge?
That’s good, because at Just Eat Takeaway.com (JET) we have abundant opportunity or as we say, everything is on the table. We are a leading global online food delivery marketplace. Our tech ecosystem connects millions of active customers with hundreds of thousands of connected partners in countries across the globe.
Our mission? To empower every food moment around the world, whether it’s through customer service, coding or couriers.
Just Eat Takeaway.com is one of the world’s leading global online food delivery marketplaces.
Headquartered in Amsterdam, the Company is focused on connecting consumers and partners through its platforms. With 680,000 connected partners, Just Eat Takeaway.com offers consumers a wide variety of food choices.
With over 94 million active users across 20 countries, here at Just Eat Takeaway.com we’re a global food tech company, connecting our customers from Amsterdam to Auckland with the food they love.
Our Berlin-based Communications team is looking for a Manager Corporate Communications (m/w/d) to support and implement Lieferando’s communication across Germany and Austria.
Your Team’s mission
Our Communication team’s mission is to build and protect Lieferando’s brand and business reputation in Germany and Austria. We inform about its sustainable, growing and trusted business including its technologies and digital services, enabling tens of thousands of restaurants, grocery and retail partners on Lieferando’s platform. Simultaneously, we act as a centre of expertise to align communications across the company.
Key subjects include our platform and digital marketplace, our logistics services with its thousands of directly employed couriers, our sustainability, CSR and ID&B initiatives, as well as our expansion into new business verticals like grocery and retail deliveries or our innovative B2B services like Lieferando for Business.
About the role
As a Manager Corporate Communications (m/w/d) and spokesperson of Lieferando for Germany and Austria, you will have the opportunity to drive and enhance a broad range of communication measures for a high-profile tech company and market leader. As member of the local team and global Communications team, your role’s scope and tasks include for example:
- Develop strategies and stories, eg. based on partner launches (big brands about or local heroes), new business verticals, facts and trend data or innovative new services.
- Answer in-bound media inquiries by journalists from diverse media, including national and regional newspapers, magazines, TV and radio, as well as tech and trade outlets.
- Drive news into relevant media, proactively via earned or owned channels.
- Create narratives based on our expanding business, new partnerships from various industries, facts and trend data, or innovations and new services, embedded into cultural trends, market developments and broader debates.
- Compile great comms materials for our earned and owned channels, including comprehensive press-kits, statements, as well as blog and LinkedIn postings.
- Educate on our best-in-class working conditions for our logistic service’s couriers, or the added value of our partner platform and its services, enabling restaurants and retailers to succeed in e-commerce.
- Prepare briefings and accompany interviews, speaking opportunities or trade fairs.
- Work with experts across different departments, business entities and countries, e.g. with our local General Management, Public Affairs, Sales, Marketing, Account Management or Legal teams. As well as with our logistic entity's Courier Communications, and Operations to prepare and align meaningful information.
- Take ownership of projects, and implement them independently at your own discretion.
Can you deliver …
- 5 - 10 years of experience in PR or external communications, ideally for high-profile companies.
- Profound writing and oral communication skills.
- Strategic thinking and solid project management skills.
- A team-oriented attitude.
- Work hands-on with the ability to drive multiple projects simultaneously.
- Fluent German and good English language skills.
Here is our offer
Like a delicious meal delivered on time, your skills and our offer belong together:
- A competitive compensation package that rewards achievement and over achievement, supported with the feedback environment. We share feedback regularly, based on your mid-year and end-year performance evaluations.
- You appreciate stability? So do we! We offer a permanent employment contract.
- Extra perks: a monthly commuting allowance of 38€ and Lieferando Pay credit of 90€ per month to have delicious food delivered to your workplace
- A model for company pension schemes with an employer contribution of 20%
- Select, design, lease and enjoy your very own Lieferando bike.
- The opportunity to be part of a diverse and inclusive team of 99+ nationalities, join our numerous communities and ERGs.
- Further training opportunities with our Learning Hub, which includes LinkedIn learning, Bookboon and internal training as well as online English courses.
- Hybrid approach: work 2 days from the comfort of your home and 3 days in the office.
- Work that makes a difference—the opportunity to contribute to our sustainability initiatives and work in our DGNB-certified office in Berlin.
- Celebrate your time with the team: join our Thursday afterwork drinks as well as regular team events, charity initiatives and our summer party and winter fest!